401(a) Profit-Sharing Plan
Mutual of America makes available 401(a) Profit-Sharing retirement plans to governmental, for-profit and not-for-profit employers.
FundingMutual of America's 401(a) Profit-Sharing plan, also called a discretionary plan, is similar to a money purchase pension plan in that the amount of an employee's retirement benefit depends on the amount in an individual employee's account at retirement. The distinguishing feature of this plan, however, is that the employer is not obligated to make contributions each year, but there must be recurring and substantial contributions.
For a complete list of services provided, please contact your local Mutual of America Regional Office.
We provide outstanding administrative services, which include:
- Plan document, amendments, restatements and Summary Plan Description/Highlight booklets (depending on the service arrangement that you choose).
- Recordkeeping and other administrative services.
- Investment related services (subject to plan fiduciary oversight).
- Employee education, communication and enrollment.
- Benefit estimates upon request.
- Processing claims for benefits and disbursement of benefit payments.
Advantages for Plan Sponsors
- Deduct your contributions from taxes, if applicable, as a business expense.
- Helps recruit and keep quality employees.
- Helps employees build retirement security.
Request More Information
Select a link below to view more information about other specific group retirement plans:
Section 457 Deferred Compensation
Before investing, you should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable annuity contract and the underlying investment funds. This and other information is contained in the contract prospectus or brochure and underlying funds prospectuses and summary prospectuses. Please read the contract prospectus or brochure and underlying fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses carefully before investing. The contract prospectus or brochure and underlying fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses can be obtained by mail or by calling 1-800-468-3785.
Mutual of America's group and individual retirement products are variable annuity contracts and are suitable for long-term investing, particularly for retirement savings. The value of a variable annuity contract will fluctuate depending on the performance of the Separate Account investment funds you choose. Upon redemption, you could receive more or less than the principal amount invested. A variable annuity contract provides no additional tax-deferred treatment of benefits beyond the treatment provided to any qualified retirement plan or IRA by applicable tax law. You should carefully consider a variable annuity contract's other features before making a decision.