Mutual of America Mid Cap Value Fund
The Fund seeks capital appreciation and, to a lesser extent, current income.
The Fund invests primarily in value stocks issued by companies with mid-sized market capitalizations that Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (the "Adviser") believes to be undervalued in the marketplace in relation to factors such as the company's assets, earnings or growth potential. The Fund will concentrate its investments in an industry or group of industries, generally to the extent that its benchmark index is also so concentrated. Companies with mid-sized market capitalizations are typically those companies with market capitalizations in the range of $5.0 billion to $30.0 billion.
- At least 80% of the Fund's total assets are invested in mid cap value stocks and at least 85% of the Fund's total assets will be invested in equity securities.
- General risk: The Fund may not achieve its investment objective. An investment in the Fund could decline in value, and you could lose money by investing in the Fund.
- Market risk: The risk that prices of securities will go down because of the interplay of market forces may affect a single issuer, industry or sector of the economy or may affect the market as a whole. Events such as war, acts of terrorism, social unrest, natural disasters, public health emergencies and other unforeseen events could also significantly impact issuers, economies and markets generally.
- Active Management risk: The portfolio manager’s judgments about the attractiveness, value or potential appreciation of the Fund’s investments may prove to be incorrect. The Fund could underperform in comparison to other funds with a similar benchmark or similar objectives and investment strategies if the Fund’s overall investment selections or strategies fail to produce the intended results.
- Company risk: The price of the stock of a particular company can vary based on a variety of factors, such as the company's financial performance, changes in management and product trends, and the potential for takeover and acquisition. The prices of equity securities of smaller companies may fluctuate more than for more established companies. The equity securities of smaller companies may not be traded as often as for larger companies, therefore it may be difficult to trade securities at a desirable price. Investments in companies with small market capitalizations generally offer greater opportunities for appreciation, but are associated with more risks than for established companies.
- Concentration risk: The chance that the stocks of a particular industry or group of industries will decline because of adverse developments affecting that industry. Because the Fund concentrates its assets in certain industries to approximately the same extent that its comparative Index does, the Fund bears concentration risk.
- Mid-Cap risk: Mid-cap stocks experience more market risk and sharper price fluctuations than for large-cap stocks due to the fact that the earnings of mid-size companies tend to be less predictable and the stocks are traded less frequently. At times it may be difficult for a Fund to sell mid-cap stocks at a price equal to their value.
- Value Stock risk: Value stocks are generally undervalued in the marketplace, with high dividends and low prices relative to standard measures. Value stocks may remain undervalued.
- Stock risk: The value of your investment will go up or down, depending on movements in the stock markets. The investment results may be better or worse than the results for the stock markets taken as a whole, or than the results of other funds that invest in the same types of securities.
|Year to Date||-13.31%|
|Prior 3 Months||7.30%|
|Prior 1 Year||-10.37%|
|Prior 3 Years||-1.14%|
|Prior 5 Years||1.93%|
|Prior 10 Years||6.62%|
The performance data shown represent past performance, which is not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and unit values will fluctuate so that units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Investment Fund total return performance currently may be lower or higher than the figures stated above.
The total return performance data are based on a hypothetical investment of $1,000, which is redeemed at the end of the periods shown. The total return figures reflect the reinvestment of investment income and capital gains and losses, and are net of expenses which include a contract fee, an expense risk fee, administrative charges, a distribution expense charge and Underlying Funds fees and expenses.
The total return figures for periods extending beyond a year are average rates of return and do not reflect the Funds' actual year-to-year results, which varied over the periods shown. Contributions or withdrawals made within a period would experience different rates of return based on the unit values on the dates of such transactions.
Portfolio Turnover Rate(%): 24%**Excludes all short-term securities.
|Industry||% of Portfolio|
|Company||% of Portfolio|
|Crown Holdings Inc||3.0%|
|Packaging Corp of America||2.9%|
|Old Dominion Freight Line Inc||2.9%|
|Duke Realty Corp||2.5%|
|L3Harris Technologies Inc.||1.9%|
|Agilent Technologies Inc||1.8%|
|Public Svc. Enterprise Group||1.8%|
Stephen J. Rich, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Adviser, joined the Adviser in February 2004, and has approximately 28 years of experience selecting securities for and managing equity portfolios. Brittain Ezzes,, Senior Vice President of the Adviser, joined the Adviser in April 2020 and has approximately16 years of experience selecting securities for and managing equity portfolios. Ms. Ezzes has co-managed the Small Cap Value Fund and Mid Cap Value Fund, and the small cap and mid-cap value segments of the All America Fund, since May 2020.