Mutual of America Money Market Fund
The Fund seeks current income to the extent consistent with maintenance of liquidity, investment quality and stability of capital.
The Fund invests in money market instruments that meet certain requirements. The Fund is considered to be an institutional money market fund because it is not limited to investments by natural persons, and it does not maintain a stable net asset value.
- The dollar weighted average maturity of the instruments the Fund holds will be short-term—60 days or less.
- The Fund will purchase only securities with a remaining maturity of 397 calendar days or less that present minimal credit risks to the Fund.
- The Fund will diversify its investments, limiting holdings in the securities of any one issuer (except the U.S. Government or its agencies) to 5% of assets.
- General risk: The Fund may not achieve its investment objective. An investment in the Fund could decline in value, and you could lose money by investing in the Fund.
- Market risk: The risk that prices of securities will go down because of the interplay of market forces may affect a single issuer, industry or sector of the economy or may affect the market as a whole. Events such as war, acts of terrorism, social unrest, natural disasters, public health emergencies and other unforeseen events could also significantly impact issuers, economies and markets generally.
- Money Market risk: You could lose money by investing in the Fund. Because the share price of the Fund will fluctuate, when you sell your shares they may be worth more or less than what you originally paid for them. The Board of Directors of the Fund may impose a fee upon sale of your shares or may temporarily suspend your ability to sell shares if the Fund’s liquidity falls below required minimums because of market conditions or other factors, and a fee may automatically be imposed based on the Fund’s liquidity level. An investment in the Fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. The Fund’s sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the Fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the Fund at any time. In addition, the Fund’s returns can be adversely affected when yields on eligible investments are low.
- U.S. Government Securities risk: The Fund invests in securities issued or guaranteed by the U.S. government or its agencies. U.S. government securities are subject to market risk, interest rate risk and credit risk. U.S. government securities include zero coupon securities, which tend to be subject to greater price volatility than interest-paying securities of similar maturities.
- Interest Rate Risk: Securities may lose value as interest rates change because bonds tend to decrease in value as interest rates rise. In general, the longer the term to maturity, the greater impact interest rate changes will have on the value of a security.
- Management Risk: The investment techniques and risk analyses applied by the Fund may not produce the desired results, and that legislative, regulatory, or tax restrictions, policies or developments may affect the investment techniques available to the Fund. There is no guarantee that the investment objective of the Fund will be achieved.
The performance data shown represent past performance, which is not a guarantee of future results. Investment returns and unit values will fluctuate so that units, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Investment Fund total return performance currently may be lower or higher than the figures stated above.
The total return performance data are based on a hypothetical investment of $1,000, which is redeemed at the end of the periods shown. The total return figures reflect the reinvestment of investment income and capital gains and losses, and are net of expenses which include a contract fee, an expense risk fee, administrative charges, a distribution expense charge and Underlying Funds fees and expenses.
The total return figures for periods extending beyond a year are average rates of return and do not reflect the Funds' actual year-to-year results, which varied over the periods shown. Contributions or withdrawals made within a period would experience different rates of return based on the unit values on the dates of such transactions.
Portfolio Turnover Rate(%): 0%**Excludes all short-term securities.
|Sector||% of Portfolio|
|U.S. Government Agency||12.2%|
|Company||% of Portfolio|
|Chevron Texaco Corp||4.6%|
|Emerson Electric Co.||4.4%|
|Johnson & Johnson||4.4%|
|Toyota Motor Credit Corp.||4.2%|
|Merck & Company||4.0%|
|Simon Property Group LP||4.0%|
|General Dynamics Corp.||3.4%|
Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (the "Adviser") is the investment adviser for the Fund.