Comprehensive Customer Services
Mutual of America is a single source for all plan services – we offer the cost efficiency and transparency of a full-service provider.
We deliver "our brand" of personalized service through our nationwide network of Regional Offices with local, on-site services to address the investment, communication and administrative needs of employers and participants.
We also offer individual products including a Traditional IRA, Rollover IRA, Roth IRA, Inherited IRA and Flexible Premium Annuity (FPA), so your employees can save even more for their retirement.
Support for Plan SponsorsOur local customer service teams provide comprehensive administrative support, including on-site employee enrollment, education and communication services.
Plan administration is also made easy and efficient with Mutual of America SponsorConnect®, our Internet-based plan administration system. Key highlights include:
- Payroll Integration – connects information in the plan sponsor's payroll system with information in Mutual of America's retirement plan administration system to eliminate the need for repetitive data entry.
- Online Enrollment – to make it easier to change providers and administer your plan.
- Online Salary Deferral – allow employees to review and change their deferral rate at any time through the My Account section of our website.
- Automatic Enrollment – increase employee participation in your 401(k) or 403(b) plan and boost savings rates. Includes enrolling eligible employees and automated deferral rate increases.
- Remittance Processing – remit contributions and process plan loans online, with the convenience of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Automated Compliance Services – access easy-to-use electronic signature-ready Form 5500 services and nondiscrimination testing tools, for plans that qualify.
- Online Reports – generate plan and participant level transaction reports, with an option to download into an Excel document.
- Plan Administrator's Corner – receive timely and important plan, system and regulatory news and updates.
- Retirement Benefit Estimates – provide employees with a projection of their future retirement income.
Protection for ERISA Defined Contribution Plan FiduciariesMutual of America stands behind the selection and monitoring processes for the investment funds offered through the Separate Accounts under its contracts.
As evidence of our confidence in our investment products, we will indemnify a Plan Sponsor/Fiduciary who maintains and continues to contribute to an ERISA defined contribution Plan funded through the Company's group variable annuity contract against liability, losses or reasonable related expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs) that arise from ERISA fiduciary claims brought against the Plan Sponsor/Fiduciary with respect to the Separate Account investment funds offered under the Company's contract, subject to certain terms and conditions. These claims include the following:
- Breach by the Plan Sponsor/Fiduciary of ERISA's prudence and/or diversification requirements in its selection and monitoring of the investment funds.
- Failure by the investment funds offered under the Company's investment menu to meet ERISA Section 404(c)'s "broad range of investment alternatives" requirements to the extent applicable.
- Failure by any Qualified Default Investment Alternatives (QDIAs) offered under the Company's investment menu to meet one of the Department of Labor's investment product requirements for QDIAs.
Support for Your EmployeesWe also help prepare participants for a more secure future through account-related services and educational tools, and assistance on a one-on-one basis.
- Participant Account Representatives – provide on-site employee enrollment, as well as group and one-on-one education about retirement planning.
- My Account at mutualofamerica.com – allows your employees to review their account information and investment performance, change investment allocations, transfer among the Interest Accumulation Account and Separate Account investment funds online at no cost* and view their Personal Rate of Return and Recent Financial Transactions.
Your employees can also take advantage of educational tools such as Retirement Calculators and informative articles through the Your Retirement Center and What's New sections online.
Before investing, you should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the variable annuity contract and the underlying investment funds. This and other information is contained in the contract prospectus or brochure and underlying funds prospectuses and summary prospectuses. Please read the contract prospectus or brochure and underlying fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses carefully before investing. The contract prospectus or brochure and underlying fund prospectuses and summary prospectuses can be obtained by mail or by calling
Mutual of America's group and individual retirement products are variable annuity contracts and are suitable for long-term investing, particularly for retirement savings. The value of a variable annuity contract will fluctuate depending on the performance of the Separate Account investment funds you choose. Upon redemption, you could receive more or less than the principal amount invested. A variable annuity contract provides no additional tax-deferred treatment of benefits beyond the treatment provided to any qualified retirement plan or IRA by applicable tax law. You should carefully consider a variable annuity contract's other features before making a decision.
*Subject to the Company's Frequent Transfer Policy. Requests for transfers to the international funds, or revocations of such transfer requests, must be in writing, by U.S.P.S. regular mail.