IRA Features & Benefits
- No commission or transfer fees.
- No surrender or withdrawal charges. There is a contract fee (unless you elect to receive documents electronically), and investments in the Separate Account investment funds are subject to Separate Account charges and underlying funds investment management fees and expenses. Withdrawals are subject to income tax at your ordinary income tax rate at the time of withdrawal, and if made prior to age 59½, a 10% federal tax penalty.
- No front-end sales loads.
- There is a wide array of Investment Funds and an Interest Accumulation Account from which to choose.
- Unlimited allocation changes and transfers. Subject to the Company's Frequent Transfer Policy. Requests for transfers to the international funds, or revocations of such transfer requests, must be in writing, by U.S.P.S. regular mail.
- 24-hour access to account information via our toll-free phone number and this website.
- Comprehensive quarterly statements and informative newsletters.
- Mutual of America offers a variety of options for withdrawing your money based on your specific needs for retirement income. Learn more about Turning Your Retirement Savings into Retirement Income.
Mutual of America's IRAs are individual variable annuity contracts and are suitable for long-term investing, particularly for retirement savings. The value of a variable annuity contract will fluctuate depending on the performance of the Separate Account investment funds you choose. Upon redemption, you could receive more or less than the principal amount invested. A variable annuity contract provides no additional tax-deferred treatment of benefits beyond the treatment provided to any qualified retirement plan or IRA by applicable tax law. You should consider a variable annuity contract’s other features before making a decision.Form IRA-2004 or applicable state variation.